Education is, in the words of Paulo Freire, an ā€œinescapable concern.ā€Ā And although the whole world is suffering from the COVID-19 and most of the industries have stopped their factories or companies, which caused that thousands of people lost their jobs. However, education has not been stopped by this global catastrophe. All of the schools tried their best to help the students continue their study and they turned the off-line teaching into on-line teaching, which indicated that education is one of the most important part of human life.

Honestly speaking, after reading all of the resources, I thought I learned many new things about education, teaching as well as learning. When I was reading LEARNING IS NOT A MECHANISM, I thought I had much misunderstandings about learning before and the article introduce a new category of learning to me. And I quite agreed with the viewpoint ā€œDigital pedagogy is not equivalent to teachers using digital tools. Rather, digital pedagogy demands that we think critically about our tools, demands that we reflect actively upon our own practice.Ā ā€Ā In my view, Digital pedagogyĀ not only depends on the teachers who find useful and manageable tools, but also requires us to pay more attention to our own work by means of the specific digital tools we use.

There is no doubt that with the rapid development of technology and education, an explosion of new educational technologies (edtech)Ā is unavoidable. The situation that edtech applications have appeared atĀ a variety of fields in education like commerce, politics, language learning and so onĀ is quite common. Under this circumstance, as students, we should obey the basic rules for edtech and only in this way, can we gain as many benefits as we can from this new educational trend.

After reading Teaching in blended learning environments, I knew a new learning type – blended learning. Actually, from my point of view, both the offline teaching mode and the online teaching mode have their own advantages. And whether both of them are useful for us depends on how we use them.

Reference:

Stommel, J. (2018, September 12). Learning is Not a Mechanism. Retrieved July 7, 2020, from https://criticaldigitalpedagogy.pressbooks.com/chapter/learning-is-not-a-mechanism/

Vaughan, N. D., Cleveland-Innes, M., & Garrison, D. R. (2013).Ā Teaching in blended learning environments: Creating and sustaining communities of inquiry. Edmonton: AU Press.

Regan, P.M., Jesse, J. Ethical challenges of edtech, big data and personalized learning: twenty-first century student sorting and tracking.Ā Ethics Inf TechnolĀ 21,Ā 167ā€“179 (2019). https://doi-org.ezproxy.library.uvic.ca/10.1007/s10676-018-9492-2

Morris, S. M., & Stommel, J. (2018). An urgency of teachers: The work of critical digital pedagogy. Hybrid Pedagogy.